Skip to main content

Students Eligible under Colorado ASSET Bill and/or DACA

Students who are non-US Citizens may qualify for Colorado State Financial Aid. They must meet the requirements to be an ASSET student and must provide documentation of low income eligibility. 


The Difference Between ASSET and DACA


A student (other than a nonimmigrant alien) is eligible for ASSET status and the College Opportunity Fund if they meet the following criteria:

  1. Attended at least three years at a public or private Colorado high school (or homeschool) and graduated from that high school or earned a GED.  Please provide a copy of your high school transcript to You may also inquire with if you believe PPCC might already have a copy of your transcript on file.
  2. Admission into a Colorado institution of higher education or attends a reciprocal program within 12 months of high school graduation or earning a GED.
  3. Submit an affidavit (onetime on the COF website) stating that you have applied for lawful presence or will apply as soon as he or she is eligible to do so. If you did not complete this piece when you created your COF account, complete the paper application in its entirety and submit to
  4. Obtain your 10-Digit State Assigned Student Identifier (SASID) number.  You can usually find this at the top of your high school transcript or get it from your high school counselor. Homeschooled students may obtain it from their district. Email that number to Indicate that it is your SASID for COF.
  5. Students who graduated from a Colorado high school or completed GED prior to September 1, 2013, please inquire at to see if you might meet other criteria to qualify as ASSET.


DACA students are eligible for the College Opportunity Fund.

What you need to complete: 

  1. Make sure you have a COF account.  If you’re not sure if you’ve done this, please email to confirm.
  2. Make sure you have authorized your COF account via the student portal (If it says “No Changes Made”, that means you’ve already done this)
  3. Make sure you are classified as a resident and/or eligible for in-state tuition. If you have questions regarding this, please email  
  4. Provide PPCC a copy of your Employment Authorization Card.  You may email a scanned or photographed copy to You may also drop Make sure you indicate that it is for the COF.

Students who qualify for ASSET do not automatically qualify for DACA, and vice versa. A student may qualify for one but not the other, qualify for both, or qualify for neither.

Scholarship Opportunities

Other Private Scholarship opportunities for ASSET Students include:

The American Associate of University Women

Colorado ETV Training program (for students who were in Foster Care)


Other Scholarship opportunities for DACA students:


DACA and undocumented students can find more information on the PPCC website for information regarding resources, scholarship organizations (see list in grey box on right hand side of page), federal definitions and immigration rights. 

Helpful Resources for DACA students include the following outside organizations:


Hispanic Scholarship Fund - Resource Finder

Educators for Fair Consideration : scholarship list

Hispanic Scholarship Fund Scholarships

Informed Immigrant

Step-by-step instructions on how to apply using the PPCC Foundation General Application Form

For more information on each of these scholarship opportunities, visit the PPCC Scholarship Listing.

Información en Español

En Español

Complete the CASFA Application for 2021-22 Aid Year

CASFA Already Have An Application? Login:


If you have questions about financial aid eligibility email Financial Aid or call 719-502-3000.

If you would like more information on ASSET or DACA, email Janae Knipp or call 719-502-2453.

COF Paper Application