Financial Aid Handbook
To see very detailed information about your 2019-2020 financial aid view the handbook.
Click here to get a head start on your Financial Aid.
- Please print out the form you need below and fill it out completely, including a "wet" signature (aka print it out and physically sign it).
- You can email your form to email@example.com or turn it in at any of our Enrollment Services Centers or fax to (719) 502-2074.
- If you need any other forms or have any questions please contact Financial Aid (719) 502-3000.
Fall 2019 & Spring 2020
Dependent Student Verification Form
Independent Student Verification Form
**Your 2017 signed 1040 Tax Forms will be accepted for tax documentation.
Other Important 1920 Forms:
- 1920 Unusual Enrollment History Form (EHINQ/EHHLD)
- 1920 Low Income Statement - Dependent (LIDEVN)
- 1920 Low Income Statement - Independent (LIIEVN)
- 1920 Student Marital/Tax Filing Status (TFSEVN)
- 1920 Parent Marital/Tax Filing Status (TFPEVN)
- 1920 Asset Statement (ASSET)
- Scholarship Release of Information (RTIV)
1920 Loan Forms
Verification 4/5 may be completed in person ONLY at the Centennial Campus or Rampart Range Campus on a walk-in basis Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. -5 p.m. Please bring a valid, government-issued photo ID and a proof of high school completion.
*NOTE - Please do not complete form until you appear in person with a PPCC Financial Aid Advisor.
If you cannot appear in person, you will need to complete the appropriate forms in front of a valid Notary. The notary will assist with completing page one indicating the type of documents submitted for their review. They will notarize the first page, as well as make copies of your ID/ High School Diploma/GED and notate on the copies that they made the copies/date and their initials.
If you have any questions/concerns please contact Rhonda at 719-502-2059
Need to Appeal Your Financial Aid Eligibility:
*It is important to complete the correct form when appealing your financial aid ineligibility.
Appeal for Qualitative Ineligibility - Complete this form if you are ineligible due to your GPA dropping below a 2.0, your completion rate dropping below 67%, or if you completely failed or withdrew from your last semester of attendance
Appeal for Quantitative Ineligibility - Complete this form if you are ineligible due to having attempted 150% of the credits required to complete your degree.
Appeal for both Qualitative and Quantitative Ineligibility - Complete this form if you are ineligible due to both having attempted 150% of the credits required for your degree and have not met one of the qualitative requirements, such as GPA below 2.0, completion rate below 67%, and/or complete failure/withdraw from past semester.
Re-Appeal - Complete this form if you were previously denied an appeal and subsequently enrolled and completed at least 6 credit hours successfully without the use of Financial Aid but are still ineligible due to not having a 2.0 cumulative GPA and/or not having a 67% cumulative completion rate.
Special Circumstances / Professional Judgement
There are instances when a student's Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) may not reflect the family's current situation. These are special circumstances that can be considered that may impact a student's financial aid eligibility. In rare cases, a financial aid administrator may exercise professional judgment to adjust the student's Cost of Attendance or the data that determines the students Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
· Death of a parent or spouse
· Loss of income and/or recurring income
· Unusual out of pocket medical or dental expenses that exceed 11% of Family's Adjusted Gross Income
If you feel that you have a special circumstance that warrants a Professional Judgement, please make an appointment today with a specialized Financial Aid Advisor via Navigate: ppcc.navigate.eab.com.
Beginning Fall 2019 students who are non-US Citizens may qualify for Colorado State Financial Aid. They must meet the requirements to be an ASSET student and must provide documentation of low income eligibility.
As a temporary policy PPCC will be awarding state grant funding to ASSET students based on the student and/or family meeting one of the following:
- Completed FAFSA showing Pell eligibility OR
- Documentation that you qualify to receive ONE of the following benefits:
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Disability Benefits
- Section 8 Housing
- Women, Infant and Children Benefits (WIC)
- Your most recent federal tax return showing that your income is eligible for Free and Reduced-Price Lunch Benefits
- Documentation that your income is below the tax-filing requirement threshold
SATISFACTORY ACADEMIC PROGRESS
Medical Documentation Form
If you are submitting a Financial Aid Appeal due to medical or health reasons, please complete the MEDICAL DOCUMENTATION FORM and include it with your Financial Aid Appeal.