Scholarships at PPCC
Special Opportunity Career-Readiness Scholarships
A special scholarship opportunity is available for students who will graduate with a certificate or degree and join the workforce by May 2022. The application period is open July 8 - July 22.
- Must be pursuing an Associate of Applied Science degree or certificate or Associate of General Studies.
- Must be committed to completing degree and certificate and joining workforce by May 2022.
- Must have a current year FAFSA. If the FAFSA on file doesn’t reflect your current financial circumstances, please contact the Financial Aid Office.
- Must be enrolled at PPCC for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester.
- Must have and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Must be a US citizen and resident of El Paso County, Colorado paying instate tuition.
- Online Application: Make sure you are registered as a student at PPCC, you will access the application through your student portal.
- Short Answer Questions: Use these to share your goals and commitment to completing your degree or certificate and join the workforce by May 2022
- Reference Support: Request a reference from one person (not family or friend) who can support your application. This reference could be a teacher, supervisor, co-worker, coach, mentor etc...
- Submit your Application and Sign the Consent Form: The link to sign your consent form will be in the confirmation pop up and confirmation email. We can not consider your application if you do not sign this consent.
The PPCC Scholarship Application Process is all on-line.
How to apply
Step 1: Make sure you are registered as a student at PPCC.
If you are not yet registered as a student, go to ppcc.edu and click the red “Apply” button on the right of the page to get started.
Step 2: Go to ppcc.edu
- Click “myPPCC Portal Login” to sign into your student portal
- Click the “Student” tab
Step 2: Click the “Scholarship Management” link
The link is in the center of the page, in the Scholarships window.
Step 3: Complete the Application
From the home page select Start Application
- Review pre-filled fields to make sure they are correct
- Answer all blank questions
- Upload your resume or most recent transcript
- Answer the application questions
- Add the names and email of your reference
- Complete Acknowledgments
If there are errors in the pre-loaded fields, please contact the Registrar's office at 719-502-2052 to update your Banner record.
Step 4: Review Application and Submit
Click Submit Application
Step 5: Complete Consent Form
Click the Consent Form link to sign your release review your FAFSA in order to establish financial need.
For Assistance: Contact PPCC Foundation Scholarships office at 719-502-2016 or Scholarships@ppcc.edu.
Explore External Scholarship Opportunities
You can find many more scholarship opportunities offered through private agencies and organizations. Start your search by reviewing PPCC’s external scholarship list which has been compiled by the Financial Aid Office.
Other great places to look for scholarship opportunities include: scholarship search websites, professional associations, local service organizations, credit unions and banks, Colorado Foundations, The Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce, Veterans Service Organizations and Military Associations.
Scholarship application - Special Opportunity Open July 8 - July 22.
Call the Scholarship Office 719.502.2016
M-F 9 am-5 pm or send us a message below.
Financial Aid Questions?
Call 719.502.2153 or 719.502.2044