Scholarships at PPCC
Generous donations to the PPCC Foundation fund more than 60 scholarship opportunities each year to help make college more affordable. This year the Foundation will award more than $1,200,000 in scholarships to PPCC students. Scholarships help pay for tuition and fees and some also cover books and other costs of attending. There are scholarships available that will help you all the way to graduation with your associate’s degree, and even possibly your bachelor’s degree.
New Scholarship Application timelines for PPCC Foundation Scholarships
The Kane Family Foundation Scholarship application for students graduating May 2021 opens January 1 – March 12, 2021.
The Application for Fall 2021/Spring 2022 scholarships opens April 12 – June 11, 2021.
If you have questions, contact: email@example.com or call 719-502-2016.
in April 2021 for additional scholarship opportunities.
PPCC Foundation is Offering a Webinar!
Scholarship Application Information Webinar
Tuesday, February 23, 2021
Noon – 1pm
Join us to learn about scholarships for the 21/22 academic year. We will be discussing deadlines, answering questions, and have a special guest from the Community College System Foundation who will be presenting additional scholarship opportunities.
Kane Family Foundation Scholarship Application
Applications open January 1 – March 12, 2021. Applicants must be registered as a student at PPCC.
PPCC Foundation is glad to announce the Kane Family Foundation Scholarships for Academic Year 2021-2022.
The Kane Family Foundation Scholarships are awarded to high achieving graduating Colorado high school seniors with a GPA of 3.25 or higher.
Following their model of independence through education, the Kane Family Foundation offers two categories of scholarships: the Kane Family Scholars (Associates Degree) Scholarship and the Kane Family Scholars (University Connection) Scholarship.
The Kane Family Scholars Associates Degree Scholarship is for students seeking to graduate with an Associate Degree from Pikes Peak Community College within two years. The Kane Family Scholars (University Connection) Scholarship is for students seeking an Associate Degree at PPCC and who plan to transfer to the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs (UCCS) to obtain a bachelor’s degree. Students who receive the Kane Family Scholars University Connection Scholarship will receive scholarship funds for four additional semesters at UCCS.
Both scholarships will cover full tuition, mandatory course fees and required course books for up to four semesters at PPCC.
- Graduating from high school in Spring of 2021.
- Enrolled in an Associate of Arts or Associates of Science Degree at PPCC starting in Fall 2021.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 and must maintain 3.0 GPA to remain eligible.
- Resident of Colorado for tuition purposes.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits per semester at 100 level or higher.
- Recipients must complete the requirements for the Associate Degree at PPCC in no more than four consecutive semesters.
- University Connection Scholarship students must complete the requirements for the bachelor’s degree at UCCS in no more than four consecutive semesters.
How to apply and other important details
- You must be registered as a student at Pikes Peak Community College in order to apply. To apply go to https://apply.ppcc.edu/
- To apply log into your student account at https://myportal.cccs.edu/ppcc Follow the instructions below and on the PPCC Flyer for further instructions.
- Applications will be reviewed March 15 - 19.
- Interviews for shortlisted applicants March 22-26.
- Communicating awards beginning March 29.
- Applicants who are not awarded a Kane Family Foundation Scholarship can submit a general application to be considered for other available scholarships.
- General Application opens April 2021.
The PPCC Scholarship Application Process is all on-line.
How to apply
Step 1: Make sure you are registered as a student at PPCC.
If you are not yet registered as a student, go to ppcc.edu and click the red “Apply” button on the right of the page to get started.
Step 2: Go to ppcc.edu
- Click “myPPCC Portal Login” to sign into your student portal
- Click the “Student” tab
Step 2: Click the “Scholarship Management” link
The link is in the center of the page, in the Scholarships window.
Step 3: Complete the Application
From the home page select Start Application
- Review pre-filled fields to make sure they are correct
- Answer all blank questions
- Upload your resume or most recent transcript
- Answer the application questions
- Add the names and email of your reference
- Complete Acknowledgments
If there are errors in the pre-loaded fields, please contact the Registrar's office at 719-502-2052 to update your Banner record.
Step 4: Review Application and Submit
Click Submit Application
Step 5: Complete Consent Form
Click the Consent Form link to sign your release review your FAFSA in order to establish financial need.
For Assistance: Contact PPCC Foundation Scholarships office at 719-502-2016 or Scholarships@ppcc.edu.
Explore External Scholarship Opportunities
You can find many more scholarship opportunities offered through private agencies and organizations. Start your search by reviewing PPCC’s external scholarship list which has been compiled by the Financial Aid Office.
Other great places to look for scholarship opportunities include: scholarship search websites, professional associations, local service organizations, credit unions and banks, Colorado Foundations, The Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce, Veterans Service Organizations and Military Associations.