What is study abroad?
Experience real life immersion in a different culture. Expand your world views while earning PPCC credit.
Join Us in 2020
Sign up for a 9 or 10 day experience abroad!
Enroll for PPCC classes and travel to Peru or Italy/Germany/Switzerland in May 2020. The trips' cost includes airfare, food, housing, guided tours, travel insurance and in-country transportation.
Contact a Study Abroad faculty for further details on how to enroll! You will need to pay a $100 non-refundable deposit to EF (Education First) Study Tours to get started. (It's $250 if you choose not to use the automatic payment plan.)
Follow these links for trip details: Italy, Germany, & Switzerland www.efcst.com/2233306TH
You will take a Spring 2020 independent study course offered by the study abroad faculty (see faculty and subject matter to the right). ALL SCHOLARSHIPS HAVE BEEN AWARDED FOR THE MAY 2019 TRIP! 2020 Scholarships may be available soon!
Scroll down for additional details.
Information for Students for Study Abroad 2020
LOCATION OFFERINGS: MAY 2020
Intercultural Studies in Peru
Northern Italy, Germany and Switzerland Tour
Available to any current PPCC student who is in good standing academically and financially.
Student Cost: Both trips are Approx $ 3900 (Includes Airfare/Accommodations/In-Country Transportation/Tours/Food)
EF Tours offers promotional discounts for early enrollment-check the website for current offers
To be announced soon!
This year students will have simplified academic options to qualify for the study abroad excursions. In an attempt to create the most flexibility, and to streamline the registration process, we will only offer the Independent Study option to ensure equity for students and faculty.
A. Students will take a 1 credit Independent study in the spring from any SA faculty member. The 1 credit Independent study courses will be signature registration only, so SA faculty will need to sign registration forms to enroll their students. This “Independent Study only” option will ensure equity for students and faculty. The registration for this 1-credit course will not be available until the spring semester.
B. All study abroad students will have 3-4 mandatory spring semester meetings prior to travel. These meetings will provide an opportunity to discuss cultural and travel expectations, release forms, logistics, and to team build. Each trip will have a dedicated course shell in D2L to house materials and act as a communication hub.
ALL SCHOLARSHIPS HAVE BEEN AWARDED FOR THE MAY 2019 TRIP!
Hoping to announce scholarships for 2020 Soon! Check back in August!
We are so pleased to announce that we have ten $1000 scholarships available for our Fully Pell eligible students. If you think you may qualify and want to pursue this opportunity, please contact Jofirstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (Process and Acknowledgement forms available)
Prior to making a deposit through EF, students should connect with a SA faculty member (email and phone #’s available above) or Steve Grippo (502- 3234) or Jo Ellen Becco (719 502-3110) to understand the contract they are entering with EF Tours. Students also need to be in good standing (academically and behaviorally) to enroll which we will clear through the appropriate channels.
Students can make a non-refundable deposit of $100 if they also enroll in the automatic payment plan through EF. (Monthly payments going directly to EF)
Students can make a non-refundable deposit of $250 and make periodic payments on their own. (This payment includes the travel insurance payment)
1. Read all of the important details outlining the cancellation and financial obligations on the EF Tours website
2. Explore the trip itinerary and consider which potential faculty/disciplines would work best with your academic needs and interests
3. Phone or email contact with a study abroad faculty member or the study abroad director (Jo-Ellen.Becco@ppcc.edu) to establish if you are eligible for one of the scholarships (also if there are any remaining.)
4. Explore your options for payment plans and have a strategy for saving or earning enough money to pay for your adventure (Keep in mind there will be some additional costs involved with travel-baggage fees, passport cost, souvenirs, incidentals, some uncovered meals, etc.)
5. If all of the above steps have been satisfied, you will enroll in the EF Tours trip online and put down your deposit.
6. Let the study abroad faculty member you enrolled!
7. Independent study classes will not be available for registration until the start of spring semester.
8. Your trip will need to be paid-in-full 6 weeks prior to your departure date.