The New Concrete5
Concrete5, our content management system, continues to improve. We'll be rolling out new features over the course of the semester and, for the most part, editing should work almost exactly the same.
Logging in and Editing
- Visit the current editor login page.
- Use your s number and network password to login (the same one you use to access the computers).
- You'll see a new tool bar at the top of the page.
1. Enter Edit Mode
- Visit the page you wish to edit.
- Click "Edit Mode" on the top left of the page.
- It will turn green and say, "Exit Edit Mode."
- You're ready to edit!
2. Edit Block
- You can edit anything that highlights green when you mouse over it (these are called "blocks").
- Click on the block you wish to edit.
- Choose the "Edit" option.
- Make your changes and click save.
- None of your changes will be live until you exit edit mode (see below).
3. Exit Edit Mode
- Click the green "Exit Edit Mode" button in the upper left corner.
- Choose one of three options:
- Publish changes [Blue] - Pushes the edits you made out to the live site.
- Save changes [Green] - Saves your edits on the website, but doesn't push them to the live site.
- Discard [Red] - Deletes any edits you made during this login.
4. Adding Blocks and other more advanced edits:
- Adding blocks can get complicated, so we recommend you request a web training to learn more advanced options for editing your website.