Pikes Peak United Way and PPCC are working together to increase student community service!
PPCC Day of Service - Power of Philanthropy
What: A one-day community service event and competition, titled 'Power of Philanthropy', which will engage four higher-learning institutions: Pikes Peak Community College (all three campuses), Colorado College, University of Colorado CS, and United States Air Force Academy
When: Thursday - October 3rd, 2019, 11am - 2pm
Where: All three PPCC Campuses!
- Centennial: The Grove (across from the Learning Commons)
- Rampart Range: Atrium
- Downtown Studio: Main Lobby
How: Three service opportunities to choose from!
- MENTOR LETTERS: Write letters to Mitchell High School students to inspire them to think about their future. You also receive the opportunity to continue providing mentorship to these students through Pikes Peak United Way.
- BLANKET TYING: Create unique tied fleece blankets to be given to nonprofits, who then distribute the blankets to the needy in our community.
- DONATION SORTING: Satisfy your organizational itch by sorting the hygiene products and non-perishable food items that have been donated to benefit your fellow PPCC students in need.
How Can I Participate?
Donate: Donate non-perishable foodstuffs and unopened hygiene products (such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, etc.) to student life at any three PPCC campuses These items will be sorted at the Day of Service event and will go to other PPCC students who need them.
Be there: Simply show up at one of the event locations (Centennial, Rampart, or Downtown) from 11am to 2pm on October 3rd.
Help run the show: If you are interested in taking on a bigger role to help facilitate the event, you can sign up here.
“Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.” - Elizabeth Andrew
Need More Information?
For additional info or materials to promote this event to your students, contact:
Zach Pharr (719)502-3636 firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers Needed for October 3rd
- Decide to put your time toward a great cause
- Sign up for a time slot
- Receive details in your email inbox
FREE T-Shirt and Snacks!
All participants will receive free snacks, free beverages, a free “Power Of Philanthropy” t-shirt, and a free warm fuzzy feeling inside of you, indicating that you made the world a better place!