Campus Weather Closure
Is the College open or closed?
Pikes Peak Community College stays open during normal operating hours unless roads are closed, or in case of an unforeseen emergency.
One exception is that our Creekside Education Center follows School District 49 and may close or have a late start when all other PPCC campuses are open.
During inclement weather, the decision to close or remain open is usually made by 6:30 a.m.
When the college is closed, there are no activities and there is no access, other than for essential personnel.
Here are the different ways you can find out the status of PPCC weather closures:
- Sign up for the PPCC Emergency Notification System, and receive instant updates on closure status via instant message or email.
- Log onto www.ppcc.edu and look for a closure message on the home page.
- Log onto your portal page at my.ppcc.eduand look for an announcement.
- Follow @ppccedu on Twitter for tweeted announcements regarding campus closures.
- Log onto www.flashalert.net. This is a web service that lists closures for most of the local schools, colleges, and large organizations. This web site offers an option for entering up to five numbers to receive a text message.
- Watch for crawlers on the three local TV stations. They're updated every 15-30 minutes. Also, you can check their web sites for closure information.
- Listen to various radio stations.
If you rely on media announcements, you should check more than one station to verify that the information is accurate.