Instructional Services maintains and reviews instructional guidelines for all PPCC course offerings and academic activities. The Faculty Handbook consists of Faculty Resource Guide and Educational Procedures.
Educational Procedures (EPs)
Educational Procedures at PPCC outline approved guidelines and rules for a variety of Academic processes. Requirements outlined in the various Educational Procedures serve as regulations and procedural guides. Educational Procedures (EPs) are reviewed and updated periodically at the direction of the Vice President of Instruction.
Updated EPs and drafts are located in the Educational Procedures Directory.
Common and Editable Educational Procedure Documents:
- EP 150-A: Department Chair Release Calculation (Draft)
- EP 150-B: Department Chair Self Assessment
- EP 171-E: Online Course Development/Redesign Application
- EP 190-D: Faculty Evaluation Plan
- EP 190: Faculty Evaluation Appeal Process
- EP 190 Supplement 1-A: Evaluation of Teaching
- EP 195-A: Evaluation of Adjunct Instructor
- EP 200-A: New Program Evaluation
- EP 200-B: Program Discontinuance Assessment
- EP 200-D Program Review Draft Report
Supplemental Instructional Documents
Separate from mandated Educational Procedures, other college departments maintain relevant forms and processes related to instructional Faculty and Staff.
Faculty Resource Guide
PPCC's Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) works to maintain up-to-date and relevant resources and guides for instructors. General information and condensed critical resources can be found in the printable Faculty Resource Guide.
Course Syllabus Guidlines
All instructional syllabi at PPCC must meet institutional standards for accuracy and content. Standard information includes such items as:
- Course Identifying Information
- Course Description
- Instructor Information
- Course Policies
The PPCC Syllabi Review Checklist outlines all instructional requirements for PPCC syllabi.
Academic Job Descriptions
Instructional Services maintains detailed job descriptions and responsibilities for critical members of the PPCC administrative team. Faculty, Department Chairs, and Adjunct Instructors can review essential job requirements in Job descriptions are periodically reviewed and edited for both clarity and updating of essential job duties.