PPCC is a great place for international students. We have flexible class times including online, evening and weekend classes. At PPCC, students can begin work towards a bachelor's degree or graduate with a technical degree.
Admission for International Students (F1/M1 visa)
If you would like to attend PPCC with an F-1 visa (to earn a degree) or M-1 visa (to earn a certificate), we will need the following documents:
- Application for admission
- Your TOEFL, IELTS or TOEIC score
- International Student Financial Statement & Student Information Form (sent after you apply)
- Original bank statements dated within the last three months that show you have sufficient funds for one year of study. The statements must be on original bank letterhead.
- Sponsor letter if supported by an individual or organization
- High school graduation certificate OR unofficial transcript and/or college transcripts
- Copy of passport
If you are already in the United States and attending another college as an F1 or M1 visa student and would like to transfer to PPCC, we need the following documents:
- Items 1-7 in the section above.
- Copy of F1/M1 visa.
- Copy of college transcript.
- Transfer form, completed by international student advisor at your current school that proves you are in good standing academically and with your F1 or M1 visa (Will be sent after you are accepted).
- Please note - The minimum GPA required to transfer to PPCC is 2.0.
- Students who have a terminated SEVIS record are not eligible for transfer to PPCC.
International students may apply for admission for fall, spring or summer semester.
International students must submit all required documents no later than:
- November 15th for Spring Semester - classes begin in mid-January
- April 1st for Summer Semester - classes begin at the end of May
- July 1st for Fall Semester - classes begin at the end of August
**If you already have an F1 or M1 Visa and would like to transfer to PPCC, it is a much quicker process. The transfer student application and document deadline is 2 weeks prior to the first week of classes for the semester.
Admission will be considered and a Form I-20 issued only after all required credentials have been submitted and reviewed.
English Proficiency Requirements:
One of the following is needed as evidence of English proficiency:
- Minimum score of 450 (written test), 45 (Internet based test) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). PPCC’s institution code for TOEFL is 4291. Students scoring below 550 (written) or 80 (Internet) may attend PPCC but will need to take our ESL placement test when they arrive at PPCC. They should plan on taking one to three semesters of ESL before beginning their program of study. Students scoring at or above 550 (written) or 80 (Internet), may enroll in courses towards their field of study.
- Minimum score of 5.5 on the International English Language Test System (IELTS). Students scoring below 6.5 may attend PPCC but will need to take our ESL placement test when they arrive at PPCC. They should plan on taking one to three semesters of ESL before beginning their program of study. Students scoring at or above 6.5 may enroll in courses towards their field of study.
- Minimum score of 500 on the Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC). Students scoring below 750 may attend PPCC but will need to take our ESL placement test when they arrive at PPCC. They should plan on taking one to three semesters of ESL before beginning their program of study. Students scoring at or above 750 may enroll in courses towards their field of study.
- Transcripts showing graduation from an English language school.
- If already in the US, passing score on the English as a Second Language (ESL)- four part Accuplacer Test, taken on-site at Pikes Peak Community College.
- Proof of English proficiency may be waived if the student graduated from a secondary school (high school) with entirely English instruction or has successfully completed college coursework at another US college.
All documents should be e-mailed to: International@ppcc.edu or sent to the following mailing address:
Enrollment Services - Attn: International Admissions
Pikes Peak Community College
5675 S. Academy Blvd, Campus Box R28
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Not an F1 or M1 Visa Student?
If you are in the USA on another type of visa, are a permanent resident or have another type of immigration status, and do not wish to obtain an F1 or M1 visa, your admission is the same as our other students. Become a Student here!
Guidelines for International Students
Academic Load and Performance
In order to maintain a student visa, international students must enroll in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester, summer term excluded, unless summer semester is the first semester of attendance. Additionally, students are expected to earn at least a 2.0 grade point average each semester.
Financial assistance is not available for international students at Pikes Peak Community College. All international students must have sufficient funds for their entire length of study.
Original bank documents dated within the last three months that show you have sufficient funds for one year of study and living expenses. $30,000 is required for independent students and $17,00 for students receiving room and board support from a sponsor (example – family, friend or organization). If sponsored by an individual or organization, please supply a notarized sponsor letter detailing all support that will be provided.
Pikes Peak Community College does not provide apartments or dormitory facilities for students. There is a wide variety of off-campus housing available within Colorado Springs. Find an Apartment
Pikes Peak Community College recommends that international students obtain accident and medical insurance coverage. Your coverage does not need to be purchased from one of the companies listed below but they are options available to you.
719-502-2230 (For F1 or M1 Visa questions)
From outside the U.S. (U.S. Country Code 01) + 719-502-2230
Pikes Peak Community College
5675 S. Academy Blvd, Box R28
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
E-mail is the best way to reach our International Admissions Office. If you are a prospective student, please send us an inquiry through our "Contact Us" form.