Your PPCC Libraries are committed to continuing to support you and your students as we transition to online instruction.
- We will continue to provide reference/research help via chat, text and email. All PPCC students, staff, and faculty are able to connect with us and get help with our many electronic resources, including article databases, eBooks, and interactive science databases, to name a few.
- Librarians are still available to provide information literacy instruction with live or pre-recorded webcasts
- We have a Library
Resources for Online Instruction Guide with video tutorials on how to
use some of our databases as well as handouts with additional information.
We will continue to add to this guide as the semester progresses.
- You may include any of this information in your course shells.
The PPCC Libraries Support Students and the Community
The Libraries offer full-service check-out and returns during regular library hours. Students, staff, and faculty, as well as members of the community, are always welcome.
Interlibrary Loans and Sharing Items Between Other Libraries
If we do not have the materials you need, we can usually borrow from another library.
This service is available to PPCC students, faculty, and staff. Wait times will vary when using interlibrary loans, so try to request early. Arrange for interlibrary loans online or at the Circulation Desk.
Services for eLearning Students
The PPCC Libraries have made many of its services readily available to its off-campus students by providing access through the library's Web site. Several online subscription resources can be accessed through the Databases Page including outstanding periodical databases, a vast collection of electronic books, encyclopedias, and an image database. The Web Catalog contains bibliographic information on all of the materials in the library's collection. Students with other questions regarding library services should contact the Library at (719) 502-2400, or by email.
Materials may be checked out at the Circulation Desk. Your library card is your PPCC ID. You must present it at the Circulation Desk each time you check out materials or use course reserves.
- Books and books on CD: 21 days.
- Instructional DVDs: 21 days.
Leisure DVDs: 7 days.
- Check out limits for students, staff and faculty can consist of a combination of 10 items at a time. Check with the Circulation Desk for details.
Community patrons (non-student guests) are limited to 2 print items only.
- Magazines and Reference books cannot be checked out.
- Reserve Course Materials do not leave the library. Time limit for use is 2 hours.
If you turn in an item late you will be fined.
- 1-10 days overdue: $.50 per item per day.
- 10+ days overdue: $1.00 per item per day.
- Leisure DVDs: $1.50 per item per day