The Learning Commons (LC) offers free drop-in tutoring sessions to students currently enrolled in classes at PPCC.
Please refer to the tutoring schedule for a list of the courses supported this semester.
- How do I prepare for a tutoring session?
- Where are tutoring sessions located?
- When and where can I find the tutoring schedule?
- What if I need tutoring in a class that is not listed on the schedule?
- I see that there is tutoring available for my class, but the day/time/location does not work with my availability.
- Can someone help me with general study skills (i.e. note-taking, time management, test taking, etc.)?
- Can a tutor help me work on a quiz or a test?
- Bring all materials to the tutoring session including your class syllabus, textbooks, assignment instructions, class notes, and any materials required to complete the assignment.
- Attempt your assignment ahead of time and prepare a list of questions or concepts that you find challenging to review with the tutor.
- Attend all lectures/labs. Nothing, including tutoring, replaces in-class instruction.
Centennial Campus: Tutoring sessions are primarily scheduled in the Learning Commons (room A-200). Tutoring for some courses may be scheduled in the other areas.
Rampart Range Campus: Tutoring sessions are held in individual centers for the time being. Math Center N-200, Learning Commons N-202, Science Center N-204. Please see the Rampart Range schedule for further details about subjects and rooms.
Downtown Studio Campus: All tutoring sessions at the DTSC are scheduled in the Learning Commons N-204
Please refer to the Learning Tutoring Schedule for exact locations.
The Learning Commons tutoring schedule is posted on the Learning Commons webpage by the end of the first week of class each semester. Tutoring begins the second week of class during Fall and Spring semesters. Tutoring schedules can be viewed and downloaded for easy reference, however please keep in mind that the schedule is subject to change. Please review the online schedule often to confirm tutoring availability and locations. If you have any questions or need assistance accessing the tutoring schedule, please contact the Learning Commons.
The PPCC Learning Commons strives to meet the academic support needs of all PPCC students, so we encourage you to contact us with a tutoring request for courses not currently supported. Although we cannot guarantee tutoring for a class, we will do our best to work within available resources to support PPCC students.
I see that there is tutoring available for my class, but the day/time/location does not work with my availability.
The Learning Commons strives to meet the academic support needs of all PPCC students, so we encourage you to contact us with your availability to attend tutoring sessions. Although we cannot guarantee that tutoring sessions will meet the availability of all students, we will do our best to work within available resources to support PPCC students.
Can someone help me with general study skills (i.e. note-taking, learning styles, time management, test taking, etc.)?
Yes! All Learning Commons tutors receive extensive training on the many study skills that are necessary for student success in college, so students are welcome to ask about these successful student behaviors during tutoring sessions.
Can a tutor help me work on a quiz or a test?
No. It is Learning Commons policy that our tutors do not help on anything labeled with the words "test", "quiz", "exam", or any other language that would indicate assessment of student learning outcomes. This policy includes anything marked "practice", "take home", "review", or otherwise. Our tutors can help you prepare for these assignments by working on similar problems out of your book or homework set, or discussing the material content and theory.