Military In-State Tuition
If your acceptance letter from Pikes Peak Community College indicates you have been classified as a Non-Resident for Tuition Classification Purposes, you may qualify under the following:
Active Duty and Dependents:
- CRS 23-7-103 Grants active duty military who are stationed in Colorado, and their spouse/child under 23 years of age, both instate tuition rates and College Opportunity Fund Stipend (COF) eligibility.
- CRS 23-7-106 Grants Canadian Military who are stationed in Colorado, and their spouse/child under 23 years of age instate tuition rates if they maintain a full-time principal residence in this state.
- CRS 23-7-109 Grants a member of the Colorado National Guard and their spouse/child under 23 years of ages instate tuition rates when they maintain their sole residence in Colorado.
Veterans and Their Dependents:
- CRS 23-7-108.5 Grants honorably discharged veterans who meet the presumptions and rules for maintaining a domicile in Colorado (defined in CRS 23-7-103) and their spouse/child under 23 years of age instate tuition rates and College Opportunity Fund Stipend (COF) eligibility. PPCC accepts a Colorado Driver's License/ID Card as meeting the requirements of CRS-23-7-103).
- CRS 23-7-108.6 "Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014", 38 U.S.C. sec. 3679. A veteran must be classified as an in-state student for tuition purposes if: )a) The covered individual resides in Colorado while enrolled in the institution, , , , (b) The covered individual enrolls in courses with educational assistance benefits pursuant to chapter 30 or 33 of U. S. C. title 38. Veterans will also receive College Opportunity Fund Stipend (COF) eligibility.
Colorado Department of Higher Education Residency Home is located at http://highered.colorado.gov/finance/residency/sta...
If your admissions letter indicated you were classified as a Non-Resident, fill out the application below and upload a copy of your Military ID.
If your admissions letter indicated you were classified as a Non-Resident, e-mail a copy of the veteran's DD214 to: