Military & Veterans Programs (MVP) is a department at PPCC dedicated to supporting our active duty, veterans and their family members. We are college employees as well as veterans, family members and civilians dedicated to providing you the best educational experience PPCC can offer.
We are a proud institutional member of the following organizations that support Military & Veteran Education:
CO-ACME (Colorado Advisory Council on Military Education)
NAIMES (National Association of Institutions for Military Education Services)
CCME (Council of College and Military Educators)
NAVPA (National Association of Veteran Program Administrators)
SOC (Service members Opportunity College 2-year institution)
MVP is your go-to source for assistance with:
- On-post, on-base compressed general education classes in eight-week and other shorter formats designed to fit the schedule of active duty military.
- College application, enrollment and student portal training as well as general college information.
- Academic advising on how to use your benefits to ensure benefit eligibility.
- Evaluation of Active Duty Military Training for College Credit (Prior Learning Assessment).
- Tutoring and academic support through Veterans Upward Bound (VUB).
- Community-based referrals for non-educational assistance.
- Engagement in military and veteran related programming and events, including Veterans Day observations.
- Membership in the Student Veterans of America Club. If interested, contact: email@example.com.
- Military withdrawal from classes due to duty conflict.
- Discounted spouse tuition for classes taken on military sites (active duty spouse must also be concurrently enrolled in on-site classes).
- Scholarship opportunities through our Institutional Member organizations.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.