Tuition Appeal Guidelines
A Tuition Appeal should be completed when a student withdraws from their class(es) after the drop date or has received an F grade in their course(s). This appeal is only to be used if withdrawal or failing grade(s) were due to documented extenuating circumstances. If approved, this appeal can result in a full or partial tuition refund. Appeals over five years old will not be considered. Appeals without supporting documentation will be returned.
Reasons for appeal:
Extended illness of student (Tuition Appeal Medical Form required)
Extended illness of immediate family member (Tuition Appeal Medical Form required)
Death of immediate family member (documentation required)
Extended, unplanned military obligation; applies only to active or activated members (copy of orders required)
Other (supporting documentation required)
Tuition Appeal Process:
- Complete the Tuition Appeal Application.
- Attach supporting documentation (i.e. medical documents, death certificate, military orders).
- Active Duty Military and Veterans, contact your School Certifying Official prior to submitting a Tuition Appeal. An approved appeal may result in significant financial impact.
- If you utilized ACCESSibility Services during the semester that you are appealing, include a copy of your PPCC Accessibility Services accommodation letter.
- All tuition appeals will be reviewed by a committee.
- Monitor the email address on your appeal for updates and requests for more information.
- Tuition Appeals take 6-8 weeks to process. Once processed, you will receive an email with the committee's decision. This decision is final.