What is Service Learning?
PPCC students apply academic skills and knowledge to the real world through a service project. See your class objectives go to work in the community. Incredible experiences await you!
Students who take 3 Service Learning Courses receive a Letter of Commendation for resumé and application building.
Three Service Learning Classes = Letter of Commendation for Service
People who volunteer are 27% more likely to find jobs (Bloomberg Business Week 2013).
Students who serve:
- rethink how they learn and why they value their education
- become involved in their communities
- become active rather than passive learners
- help identify and solve problems in their communities
- build closer connections between their campus and their communities
- learn about our increasingly varied and changing world
- understand people and cultures that are unique
- develop resourcefulness, a stronger inner self, and a clearer sense of personal identity.