Goal 1: Develop a Mission Minded Culture
and existing leaders
- Drive accountability by rewarding excellent performance and innovative risk-taking
- Conduct leadership training to develop leadership skills & build effective teams
- Ask excellent performers to teach their peers
- Expose faculty and staff to exciting student experiences to keep them connected to the impact PPCC has on students Pathways
- Empower mid-level leaders to recognize and reward innovative risk-taking among their teams and communicate success stories with the rest of the institution.
Evaluate and incorporate best practices used by other institutions
- For example, HR practices of recruiting, minimum job requirements, instructional practices, guided pathways, CTE programming, etc.
Develop internal communication that keeps stakeholders informed, inspired, and provides a vehicle for feedback
- Identify the formats in which PPCC stakeholders will pay attention to information
- Share success stories
Establish an innovation incubator where members of the College, the business community, and students will utilize data & metrics to generate ideas and solutions
- Give members of the innovation incubator real problems to solve (e.g., what are the best ways to communicate with PPCC stakeholders so they attend to the info and feel engaged?)
- Provide a mechanism where ideas can be tested