Bike Across Academy- Safely!
PikeRide is offering PPCC students a free three-week trial of bike share with electric-assisted bikes to be used on the trail from the Centennial Campus, under Academy Boulevard, to the Highlands Shopping Center.
The bikes are easy to ride. The path is way safer than riding on Academy Boulevard.
Get the bike share bikes (with the orange seats) at the drop-off lot on the north entrance of Centennial Campus.
What you’ll need:
- Helmets are strongly recommended but not required by law.
- A smart phone
- The Drop Mobility App (Google Play or the App Store)
- A credit card or debit card
How it Works
1. Download the Drop Mobility App
2. Create your account using a credit or debit card
3. Use the app to scan the QR code on the bike you want
4. The App will walk you through the process.
5. You must take a photo of your bike being locked before leaving your bike. The app will prompt you to do this.
Mod pizza is offering students 50% off a meal when you show you are using the drop mobility app.
Q: How long can I ride the bike without a fee?
A: 80 minutes of total riding time per day.
Example: You can ride to Wal-Mart, lock it, shop and ride back as long as you don't exceed 80 minutes.
Q. How do I end my trip properly?
A. Bikes must be locked, with the orange cable, to a safe object (preferably a bike rack) when not in use and you will be required to submit a photo of your properly locked bike via the app.
Q: What if I exceed the 80 minutes of ride time/day?
A: For accumulated ride time in excess of 80 minutes during a single day (12 am-11:59 pm) you will be charged .15/minute.
Q: What if I ride outside PikeRide coverage area indicated in the app?
A: You can ride outside of the coverage area, but you will not be able to end your trip which means you will continue to accrue time. You can only end your trip within the PikeRide coverage area which is indicated in the app.