Frequently Asked Questions.
Do I have to take the placement test?
No! You are not required to take the placement test to enroll in classes. You can meet with an advisor to get placed into the right classes without testing.
To help the advisor, bring a copy of the following documents if you have them:
- ACT, SAT or PSAT scores within the last five years
- GED, HiSet, or TASC scores within the last five years
- Recent High School Transcripts with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- College transcript from a regionally-accredited college/university within the last five years
Does PPCC offer Accuplacer Next Generation or Classic tests?
- As of October 22, 2018 PPCC only offers the Next Generation Accuplacer tests.
Where can I take the Accuplacer?
- Centennial Campus, Room A-121 (719) 502-3370
- Rampart Range Campus, Room S-101 (719) 502-3380
- The Downtown Studio Campus, Room S-102 (719) 502-3390
- Fort Carson, Bldg. 1012, (719) 502-4200
- Peterson Air Force Base, Bldg. 1141, (719) 502-4300
How do I prepare for the Accuplacer?
It is important to prepare for the placement test. Here is what we recommend:
ACCUPLACER™ online study guides can be found with a Yahoo or Google search engines by typing in “Accuplacer study guides,” note some sites may incur fees.
What do I need to bring?
When you arrive at the Testing Center you must have a valid current picture ID and if possible, know your student ID number. You may not use textbooks, notebooks, dictionaries or calculators during the test. The math portion of the test you may allow use of the built in calculator. Pencils and scratch paper will be provided for you.
No appointments are needed for ACCUPLACER testing. The test is not timed, but you should allow approximately two hours for testing.
How do I get my results?
- You will receive your score report a few minutes after finishing the test.
- Due to The Privacy Act of 1974 ACCUPLACER scores results may only be released to test taker and can not be given out over the phone!
What is next after taking the Accuplacer?
Meet with an advisor for course recommendations. Students are responsible for enrolling in any required college prep coursework during the first 30 hours of attendance at the college accourding to Colorado State policy.
What is the charge for the Accuplacer?
There is no fee for the first time you take the Accuplacer placement test. All re-tests are $10 per section. You may only retest once per semester. Pay at the Cashier and bring your receipt to the testing center.