Do you need to take the placement test?

No! You are not required to take the placement test to enroll in classes. At Pikes Peak Community College there are many ways to show us you are ready to take classes. Whether you are a recent high school graduate, are transferring from another college, or are going to college for the first time, you have options! Understanding your placement options will help you get into the right classes so you can be successful at PPCC.

Submit Transcripts or Test Scores

If you meet one or more of the requirements on the Multiple Measures for College Level Placement chart, you should submit your documentation for review.

You may also bring the documentation to one of our Advising & Testing offices. Unofficial transcripts and test scores are O.K. for this purpose.

Submit your academic history

Enroll in College Prep Classes

You can choose to enroll directly into college prep classes that will prepare you to be successful in college level classes. These classes will help you learn the skills needed to succeed in college level classes, but do not apply to your degree.

We recommend meeting with an Academic Advisor because the college prep classes you should take depend on your declared major.

Meet with an Advisor

Take the Placement Test

The Accuplacer test will show how prepared you are for college level classes. It is important to study for your placement test to do your best. We advise students to review Writing and Math with materials available on-line or at our Learning Commons.

Once you are ready, come in to any of our testing center locations. We have limited walk-in seating and you may have to wait as we approach the beginning of the semester. Plan to spend 1.5 to 2 hours for the total test (Writing and Math).

Study for the Accuplacer