Creating a Social Media Account
PPCC's Marketing & Communication Department manages and administers the college's official digital media properties including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. If you are PPCC staff or faculty and would like to create a social media account for your division, department or program, you must first gain approval from the Marketing & Communication Dept. PRIOR TO creating the account.
To initiate the approval process, please fill out the Social Media Request Form at the bottom of this page.
If approved, you will need to follow these procedures:
- View the Social Media Prezi and review the Official PPCC Social Media Guidelines below.
- Take an upcoming PPCC social media training. These are offered 1-2 times/semester.
- Determine the primary and secondary administrators of your account and provide us with their names.
- Set up your social media account.
- Provide the Marketing & Communication Dept. with full administrative access with no restrictions to your accounts.
- For Twitter, YouTube or Pinterest, provide us with your username and password.
- Contact us within 30 days of leaving PPCC employment or if you no longer wish to administer the account.
Social Media Guidelines
This document includes an introduction to social media, PPCC's organizational oversight, guidelines, best practices and definitions.