Non-Credit College & Workforce Readiness Courses
Ready to come to college but worried about your skills? Leaving the military soon and considering going back to school? New to the U.S. and looking for work? Take a low-cost non-credit class to boost your Math skills, build confidence as you learn what it takes to be successful at PPCC, or practice Workplace Skills with other adults seeking to improve their English.
Veterans Math Prep
Are you a veteran or spouse seeking to go to College?
A course for Veterans or their spouses preparing for college who want to practice their Math skills.
- Career and College Exploration
- Condensed course with options to transfer to college Math in a late start class
- Resources include mini-lectures, videos, Power Points, classroom tutors and the instructor
- All material is accessible through the Internet
Math Bridge is a 5-week non-credit course that helps students build their Math skills and confidence using a personalized learning program. Taught by PPCC Math faculty and tutors, these classes are held regularly at the Centennial and Rampart Range campuses.
This course includes:
- Math vocabulary
- basic operations,
- applications of whole numbers, fractions, decimals, signed numbers and algebraic expressions
- solution of basic first-degree equations, and
- word problems
English as a Second Language
Do You Speak English as a Second Language? Are you looking to find a job or get a promotion?
PPCC and Colorado Springs School District 11 offer a course to help you improve your English skills at work:
- Reading forms and application
- Listening to supervisors and employees
- Speaking to supervisors and employee
- Understanding signs and symbols
- Learning safety and emergency rules
Questions? Contact: Career Pathways Coordinator in the Workforce Development Division