Online Writing Lab (OWL)
The PPCC Learning Commons writing tutors are ready and eager to assist with your reading and composition studies by offering the services of our online writing tutoring through Skype and through email at email@example.com. We know that many student writers will find the online tutor to be a helpful and satisfactory alternative to working face-to-face with one of our many trained writing center tutors. Here is the quick guide that will help you to understand how online tutoring might work for you, a few simple instructions to help you get started.
Tutoring by Email
Writing tutors are available 24/7 by email. Please plan for a 24-48 hour response time.
Instructions for Using Tutoring by Email
You may submit your draft through our Tutoring by Email online form.
You may also email the Writing Center directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To give you the best possible feedback, we need the following information:
- Your name
- Your email address (we cannot email your PPCC Online Courses (D2L) account. Please do not use email@example.com for your return email)
- Your assignment Instructions
- Your deadline
- What we can do to help you complete your project
- The more specific you are, the better we can address your concerns. We are not a proofreading service, but any areas of writing, from meeting the assignment requirements to grammar and mechanics, can be addressed by our tutors.
Maximize your tutoring experience--check out our simple Email OWL Guidelines.
Tutoring via Skype
- Download Skype (Free for Mac, Windows, Smartphones and other devices)
- Search for Skypeowl.ppcc or PPCC Writing Center and add us to your contacts for future use.
- Submit an appointment request.
- At the time of your appointment, email your draft to firstname.lastname@example.org and call Skypeowl.ppcc on Skype to begin your session.